Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The List

Before i get to "The List", I have to tell you about my dream last night.

First off, I am congested and feel like crap, which sucks (But I did use a "Neti-Pot" last night....they work, I was surprised). But I think it was due to the mixture of congestion and Nyquil that I had an unbelievable dream...I had chest hair. I know what you may be thinking...How does a man as manly as "The Johnson" not have chest hair??? Well...It's a question I've asked God many a time, and He thought it best to bless my dreams, instead of my reality, with a chest full of luscious, thick, brown hair. And that's all my dream was about, or at least all I can remember.


Let that bless you. If you're wondering about the hand on my belly...It's God's. He's rubbing my belly. And yes...God does, in fact, wear a watch.

Alrighty then.

The List...of things I am going to pack. If you can think of anything else, by all means, fire away.

Clothing:

3 pair of shorts
1 pair of long pants
1 long sleeve shirt
2 bathing suits
1 set of good clothes (casual)
Underwear and socks (optional)
1 pair sneakers or deck shoes
1 fleece shirt
1 set of foul weather gear (pants and jacket)
1 Pair of work gloves (aka my hands)
Hat

Toiletries:

2 towels
Liquid soap/shampoo
Toothbrush/Toothpaste
Deodorant
Sunscreen

Gear:

Sunglasses (polarized w/ strap)
Headlamp
Insect repellent
Sailor’s Knife
Ziploc Bags
Moisture control crystals

Electronics:

Camera (Waterproof)
Computer (Mac)

Documents:

Passport
Customs Letter for Bermuda

And the best thing is, I can fit all of this in a relatively small duffel and my backpack!

The only other things I know I'm taking are books, so if any of you have any good ideas, please indulge. (If you know of any 1000 page books that are awesome and not boring, they take up less space and more time) I know I'm somehow going to fit The Chronicles of Narnia audio books on my Ipod, but that's all I've got so far.

I starting packing everything up from the house yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought I had way more stuff! So I pretty much cleaned out the whole man cave of all of my stuff, packed a Tupperware container, and put some clothes in a bag. I called it a night when I realised that, for the past 10 or 15 mins., all I had been doing was picking things up and putting them in a different spot...

So, a good start to the week, besides congestion, and I am more excited than ever!


AND...I watched The Man From Snowy River last night....Holy crap people, great movie. Men, go watch it. It's about this orphan, Jim Craig, and how he has to prove himself to these other mtn. men, so he can claim his inheritance. It's awesome. Great quote:

"I think a man could sooner hold back the tides than tame the mountains."



It's good, It's good.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Neti Pot. Classic. Told you it would work!
    2. Chest hair?!? Gross.
    3. I have the Chron. of Narnia somewhere. You are wlecome to put them all on your iPod when you get home if you like. Or did you already take them? Can't remember.
    4. Love you.
    5. You're Awesome.

    Love, Rie

    *This list brought to you courtesy of my lunch (which was delicious) and the letter "R".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - where are you going when you get "outta here" I didn't know you had a blog until now. Thank you facebook. Can't wait to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is NOT God. who is touching you like that? that's weird.

    Zack has chest hair because he is a MAN. And i love it.

    you might want to take some Aloe and some Wheat Thins (just in case).

    ReplyDelete