Friday, June 12, 2009

Bermuda Day 2

Bermuda Day 2 – June 11th.

Before I start, You need to know that there is a parrot sitting right beside me, squawking like crazy. Freaking Bermuda.

Check this out:

Bermuda Shorts....Yeaaaaaaa

Well, I found the sun...it's in Bermuda. Luckily for me, I followed my mom's advice and wore lots of sun screen, or “sun cream” as it is known here. But no lie, that water I talked about seeing on the flight in...I swam in that crap today. So beautiful. The beaches here are incredible...Coral, Fish, Sun, awesome times. I'll get a picture of Tobacco Bay on here next time.


So we went on a tour of the island. I bought a Ferry/Bus pass for $12 and off we were. We started in Hamilton, the metropolis of Bermuda. (Basically only two towns in Bermuda, Hamilton and St. George, St. George is way chiller and way cheaper) We walked around a bit, saw the cool Naval Museum that had goats in it....random...and got to watch people blow glass. It sounds weak, but it was awesome! After Hamilton, we went to a Marine Supply store, and then went to the beach. Then came home. We drove all over the island, saw what we wanted to, it was great.

And now, after all day on buses, ferries, and feet, I am sitting in the cockpit of the boat, enjoying the cloudiness and the sea breeze. It's so peaceful. This feels like a vacation, which I am assured will turn into hard work as we get nearer to the trip.

Happy man in the cockpit


My view from the cockpit.

But it's dinner time (turkey/cheese quesadillas with a dark and stormy, the official drink of Bermuda).

I love this place.

AND... Here's Tobacco Bay:

And the Unfinished Church of St. George:

(taken straight from the daily journal of me)

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time in Bermuda, glad you will be harnessed and the photos are great. Love you Benman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, Looks great. Have an awesome time. Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. im going to meet you on the middle of the ocean with my irish ship dressed like stephen from braveheart

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a beast. Don't wreck the boat. The Bear is currently growling in your honor in the prop room at Crooked Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok enough of Bermuda already ... When do you set sail??!!

    ReplyDelete