Monday, June 8, 2009

Virginia

It's my second day in Virginia. It's been a pretty weird couple of days. I packed up pretty much everything I own (I think I left a couple things...sorry Sloans), shoved it all in my truck, And drove up here...not for vacation...but to move out. It's kind of heavy knowing that I just moved away from Asheville. Bittersweet would be a suitable term.

So, until I leave for the trip early Wednesday morning, I actually have a pretty full schedule. Today, I have a dentist appointment (sick), some work up on my dad's property, and packing for the trip. Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment, more packing, and my birthday/Father's day dinner! Then it's an early night/early morning to get to Greensboro for my flight.

The trip...

Like I said, I'm finishing up my packing. I was pleasantly surprised 1)With all of the awesome gifts I was given from Diamond Brand Outdoors and Frugal Backpacker, in Fletcher, NC (If you are in Asheville, make sure you go here, not REI) and 2) When I got to my parents place in Virginia, I had a new camera (Pentax Optio W60, waterproof), new sunglasses (Costa Del Mar TP2, tortoise frames, blue mirror lens), and a sweet Undertoad T-shirt (check out Undertoad @ http://www.undertoadcompany.com/).

Besides that, there's not a whole lot to talk about. Me and the Pops are about to leave to go look at chainsaws before my Dentist appointment (sick). But, I will leave you with a sweet video that I think you will enjoy....Actually, make that two videos. Check em.

This one is of a new film, 180 South. It's a trip, taken by Jeff Johnson, and inspired by the Yvon Chouinard (founder of Patagonia) and Doug Tompkins' trip to climb Mt. Fitz Roy, in Argentina, back in 1968. www.180south.com.


This one is of Liz Clark, a San Diego native who took a 5000 mile sailing trip with her family when she was 11, and has dreamed of sailing around the world ever since. She left Santa Barbara, on her mighty steed (Cal 40 sailboat) Swell, in 2006, and has travelled, so far, south as far as Panama, the Galapagos Islands, and has been in French Polynesia for a couple years now. She has had some great adventures, and you can read about them here, http://www.swellvoyage.com/.



Hope you enjoyed those. I may post again before I leave, but if not, you will hear from me next when I arrive in Bermuda!!! Holler.

Oh, and, Turd Furg finally watched Braveheart for the first time ever...my friend is all grown up...a true man.

No comments:

Post a Comment