Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Well, it is officially June 1st. in 10 days, I'll be trippin on down to Bermuda to jump on that boat and get outta here.



Rock out to that...I wasn't born when this video was made. What a shame, because these guys would've been my heroes. One guy is wearing a suit jacket, and glasses to see into the future, the other guy has a mullet and a jail stripe shirt (you can he likes to party), and the other dude looks like he's about to go chop down an entire forest....80's....do you hear me??? I miss you.

It's good, It's good.

So, this is my last week of good, honest, 9 to 5 work. And I have ALOT of packing to do. I have to basically pack up everything I own at the Sloan's house and somehow fit it all in or on Steven (My Isuzu Rodie-whoa!). And you know my Dad will be overjoyed when we have to unpack it all and shove it in his storage shed...


On another note, since I haven't been to the doctor or dentist in a very long time, I scheduled appointments with both the beginning of next week. Why not?


In other news...


Earlier last week, I had put an ad on Craigslist rideshare, to see if I could find somebody to help me out with gas. So this dude emailed saying he needed a ride to Raleigh from Asheville. I said I'd pick him up and immediately went to my car to find the most strategical location for my 7-inch blade.


*Side note - when strategically placing a knife in your car, just in case the man, woman, or animal in your passenger seat turns out to be a psycho, there are many things you must take into consideration, such as: 1) You don't want the passenger to be able to see the knife, therefore giving you the element of surprise, 2) You want it in a place where, if you go to grab it, it isn't very obvious, 3) You want to put it where the stabbing or slicing motion will be as quick as possible...there are a few others, but I think you get the point.


So the location I chose was in between the drivers seat and the armrest...hidden from sight, but easily accessible.


Anyways, so I picked John up at his house, he was a little squirrely, and smaller than me, so I knew right off the bat I could take him, which immediately relaxed me a bit. We left his house and started chatting, and he turned out to be a super duper dude. He was an accomplished carpenter, and then decided to do something he'd always wanted to do, become a website developer. So he went back to school (NC State) and is about to graduate and start his own website business. Pretty cool eh?


So Craigslist rideshare = potentially sketchy, but totally worth it. I got $25 out of the deal.... Don't forget the knife.

Hope that was fun. I'll let you know how the packing goes...

AND...Kyle stepped on my freaking sunglasses over the weekend and broke them. My beautiful Costa Del Mar sunnys. I just bought a new pair though, for 40% off plus a little thing I like to call a gift certificate. A big thanks to the Sears!

No comments:

Post a Comment