Friday, May 29, 2009

Another Day...Another Destiny

Well, 1 more week until I am unemployed. That's a bit nuts, and scary really. I always get stressed about money, more than I should...and I just decided to quit my job...Just gotta stop thinking about that.

This morning, I looked online for an hour trying to find 1)Ray Ban Wayfarers and 2) a sailing cap with a string (It attaches to your shirt so if your hat gets blown off, you don't lose it). I didn't find any that I actually wanted to buy, since for some reason Ray Ban Wayfarers are still $200, and they stopped making sailing caps in the early 90's....speaking of the early 90's...

I watched the movie "Wind" last night.



Talk about an awesome movie. Made in 1992 but based in 1987. It's about this dude who is a sailor and races yachts. Well, he basically loses this huge race, one that America has won the past 100 or so years, to Australia. The US and Australia are like Duke and UNC at Chapel Hill, but for sailing. They hate each other. So it's all about how he and this dudes make this sweet new boat design and win the cup back. Did I mention it has Jennifer Grey in it?


Yea...She fine. Here's something funny about Ben Johnson...He loves poofy 80's/90's hair, and when girls wear jeans (acid wash) up to their belly buttons, and grandma sweaters. Seriously...I will take Jennifer Grey in Ferris Buellers Day Off, Dirty Dancing, and Wind...or Elizabeth Shue in Cocktail and Back to the Future, over any girl EVER. I love it.

Gotta stop.

So, the date is slowly approaching for me to take off. I get more and more excited everyday. I'm finding every video on Youtube that has to do with sailing, looking up websites, all that mess. I really am becoming obsessed. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

AND>>>>>Margarita is a follower on my blog!!! There is no greater honor.

AND>>>>I'm going to Goldsboro (aka Eden) tonight. Nick and Angela's engagement party tomorrow. Pretty pumped about that.

AND>>Rock out to some "Southern Cross" from Crosby Stills & Nash. 1) Great Song 2) Gets me fired up to sail man.

Crap...AND>>> I forgot about this. There's a transmitter on the boat that sends an email with our location twice a day. My dad will be getting the email, so if you want to keep track of the voyage, send me your email address and I'll put you on the list!

Ben...Out

2 comments:

  1. high waisted acid wash?!?! really? REALLY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe not acid wash, but definitely high waisted.

    ReplyDelete