Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Ocean.

6/18


Leaving Bermuda...beyond that gap is about 1800 miles of ocean.

We left a bit late Yesterday, around 1pm, but we are making ok time. The wind is out of the north east, right where we want to go...so we are doing a long northern tack, followed by a long eastern tack...Fun stuff.

On the starboard tack. + 10 Sailor Creds for putting up with this for days.

So apparently, everyone get seasick, and everyone told me that I was going to get seasick...Obviously, they don't know me very well...Because, obviously, it was vice versa...Ben Johnson didn't get Seasick, but Seasick got some Ben Johnson. Bring it Poseidon.


First Sunset.

Anyways, my first experience on watch last night was great. It's really beautiful. It's a totally different world when it's dark: Bio luminescent plankton (crazy), Holy Crap Stars (tons of them, and satellites, and shooting stars), and just nothing for miles. The moon is insanely bright. Sunsets and sunrises are rediculous. During the day, there's tons of flying fish, Portuguese Man O Wars, Shearwater Gulls, and lots and lots of Water.

First watch

On a more disgusting note, the two boys threw up...I took shrapnel. I wasn't paying attention...the youngest threw up into the wind...and I took some to the face. Yep, I know...but of course, I just took it like a man, licked up what was close to my mouth, and wiped the rest off with my sleeve (which, incidentally, I slept on later). Ah...a Sailor's Life. It's supposed to get rough in a day or so...Buckle Up.



The Flying Fish that almost hit me in the head. They fly...for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment