Sunday, July 12, 2009

Horta

There is way too much to write, so I'll just gonna make it fast...

We stayed is Flores for 6 days total, then we sailed to Horta, which is a pretty major port for sailors. It took us 20 hours to do 130 miles...which is pretty fast in the boat I have been on. It was actually a really good trip. So we got to Horta, and EVERYONE that was in Flores is here. So the gang is back together. We have just been hanging out here, we went to the famous sailors bar, Peter's, and had some dinner the first night we were here. Besides that, we all just walk around and eat. 

We are actually going swimming today! The first good sunny day we've had in awhile! And the other thing, you can see Mount Pico from the marina, it's really really pretty. 

Ummmm....Oh, I'm on a new boat, they are taking me to Terceira, where the adventure ends. I fly home on Friday. It will be nice to eat and sleep again...like a normal person.

AND!!! The crew from Flores all bought 2 rabbits yesterday, and the greeks and arnie are going to cook rabbit stew for us all tonight...I love it. Pictures to come...

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment